Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring appointments from Lacerte to Outlook calendar

PAPAMOJO
Level 1

We entered appointments in the Lacerte calendar appointment.  I have been exporting the appointment data (lastname, date, time, tel#) to an excel csv file...only the client lastname and tel# shows up in the excel file.  When I then try importing to Outlook via Outlook import feature no appointment data shows up in the outlook calendar.  What am I doing wrong?

MS support told me I have to insert a line on the top row of the excel file and name the column...appears when i do that and hand enter the appt date & time, it flows through, but with 1000 clients, i don't think that too efficient.  

Can anybody help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
StknCPA
Level 4

I did this a week or two ago.

While you are importing the file into Outlook, there is a step that allows you to map which field in the csv file corresponds to which field in Outlook. I discovered that I needed to use that mapping tool--the "default" mapping was not good.

Meeting end times did not import properly. I modified the csv file to include meeting end times--obviously, before importing it into Outlook, then that worked as well.

I think (do not know) that you might be able to set the default meeting length in Outlook before importing this csv file, and it might use the default length to calculate the end times.

StknCPA
Level 4

I responded to your question here last year thinking it was simply a mapping problem. This year, this is happening to me--the appointment information is not exporting from Lacerte while other information is. Sorry that I misunderstood last year.

Did you ever find a solution, and would you be willing to share it?

Thanks.

0 Cheers