Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS IS REALLY, REALLY BAD

Lacerte Users Reporting Multi-Factor Authentication Code Not Being Received

@IntuitGabi The other post about this problem says SOLVED. I can't find the solution.

@IntuitEric This failure of the MFA system shows vividly that certain customers do not need MFA.  Sole proprietors with no public office, with no employees, living alone, with effective Windows operating system security measures in place don't have outside threats to their Lacerte access.  Such people have a risk of about .00001%.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EBloomer1
Level 1

You need a "pin to top" feature instead of misusing the "solved" feature.

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
George4Tacks
Level 15

SURE!

SAY MORE!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

You had trust in Intuit?😬

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

@Strongsilence-CPA  Hi! We have our eyes on the situation and will update the thread. This is frustrating, I understand. We'll let you know when it's resolved.  

Accepted Solutions and "marking as" Accepted Solution will be prioritized in search results. We try to make sure everything posted in the news and updates board has it so it can reach everyone that's looking for it. Make sure you and your team subscribe to the board if you want alerts for when we post. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.38.36 AM.png

IntuitGabi

Update: Please wait and try again around 2 central. 

0 Cheers

I don't have access.

0 Cheers
EBloomer1
Level 1

How much longer should we wait before we switch software? Can't 2FA just be turned off for now?

EBloomer1
Level 1

You need a "pin to top" feature instead of misusing the "solved" feature.

IntuitGabi

@Strongsilence-CPA that's not good. Please take a screenshot if you can. 

Edit: Anyone else unable to see this link? Like this comment or post a screenshot. Thanks! 

kimseewald
Level 2

Our office has been unable to use Lacerte all day. I contacted Customer Support and was told they would "send an email" when the issue is resolved. I am sending my employees home early today. Even though it's past most tax filing deadlines, we still have returns to complete for clients who did not get their data in prior to the deadline and for non-profit returns. I cannot believe that we are paying SO MUCH for this software and now have no access and not even a kind word from Customer Service. I think the attitude of Intuit is what has me most frustrated. I would expect at least a "we are sorry", and that is not at all what was conveyed to me. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

How can something that seems so basic get so screwed up?  Not exactly Intuit’s finest hour ☹️

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

The standard method to fix something that is broken is to break something else. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
GoldenRedd
Level 1

Finally good

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It happened this time, it will likely happen again.

It will be interesting to see how many ticked off customers there are if it happens on a weekend or holiday when Support is closed.