Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax pro account set up

KathyJo
Level 2

Anybody have any experience setting up a tax pro account to review POA etc.  I can't seem to navigate to any help in setting one up. Any help would be appreciated.  Haven't been successful for months in  getting the IRS to process a Power of Attorney for multiple clients.  Frustratiing.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
CMcCullough
Level 3

If you currently have access to the Tax Pro Accounts, there is a place to click that says link my account to CAF.  When I login in now, it appears there is a banner ad that reads "To get started link, your CAF number in your profile."  There will be a link your caf or a link another caf number.  Once you click that, IRS will mail you a letter with a pin number that you have to enter to link the CAF number to your tax pro account.  Once you receive the letter and enter in the pin number, you can see all your POAs in one place and can remove yourself from some.  (I hear some have had errors removing POAs.)  Also it is showing balance due information, but from what I have seen it is not accurate yet.  IRS was working on it at the time.  If you do not have access to Tax Pro accounts, then starting with setting up eservices, but that takes awhile.  

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Do you currently have an IRS e-Services account? https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/transcript-delivery-system-tds

That's the place to start if you don't have one. Then after that is setup, I use TaxHelpSoftware to pull transcripts.  Worth the money (I pay $600/year for one user) because it's so much more efficient pulling multiple transcripts than using the IRS website.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
CMcCullough
Level 3

If you currently have access to the Tax Pro Accounts, there is a place to click that says link my account to CAF.  When I login in now, it appears there is a banner ad that reads "To get started link, your CAF number in your profile."  There will be a link your caf or a link another caf number.  Once you click that, IRS will mail you a letter with a pin number that you have to enter to link the CAF number to your tax pro account.  Once you receive the letter and enter in the pin number, you can see all your POAs in one place and can remove yourself from some.  (I hear some have had errors removing POAs.)  Also it is showing balance due information, but from what I have seen it is not accurate yet.  IRS was working on it at the time.  If you do not have access to Tax Pro accounts, then starting with setting up eservices, but that takes awhile.  

KathyJo
Level 2

Thank you. This is correct.  It took awhile for the IRS to set up my individual account.  I now have attached my CAF and am awaiting my pin.  E-services is no longer an option ... since June.  All has to go thru the tax pro account.  

0 Cheers