Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend K-1 data import without unchecking box in PTE?

Hello:

Partnership has both a passive rental and self-rental (nonpassive) activities, thus requiring two separate Sch. E pg2 entries.  It doesn't appear that Lacerte allows importing one K-1 into two different activities so they need to be created manually. 

Is it possible to export/import just one time and then suspend it unless manually exported so that I don't accidentally overwrite the manual inputs in the 1040?

In other words, is it possible to turn off or temporarily suspend the auto export/import without unchecking the box in the PTE?

If not, any recommendations on how to handle this?

In case you're wondering why I don't just uncheck the Sch. K-1 Miscellaneous export box in the PTE, my concern is that the activity may be inadvertently omitted.  This particular client has 10+ PTE activities so I look at the import/export function as a safeguard against inadvertent omission.  But at the same time, I don't want to accidentally click okay and overwrite information.  Plus, it is quite annoying that it prompts you to import each time.

Thanks very much for any insights.

0 Cheers