Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State rejection after filing federal 1065 and then state

bjscheel
Level 3

Any suggestions- we have a new client with a 1065/Kansas 120S.  In setting up we must not have gotten Kansas check marked for e-file.  Federal return e-filed okay but when I didn't get a state ack I saw that it wasn't marked for Kansas e-file.  

I re-filed it today and Lacerte gave me messages that said federal would need to go with State and it seemed to be okay.  Now I have a state rejection that says Kansas has already received an original filing with this FEIN.  What should I do from here/how can I know what Kansas received?  Could they possibly have gotten the return when the federal was e-filed?  I never got any Accepted ack from Kansas.

We are in Iowa, so not used to filing Kansas either.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

According to this https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/ef-atlas-federal-state-ef-method-standalone-... Kansas is only Piggyback.  You may be stuck with a paper file. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers