Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Extension Acceptance Letter

JFG
Level 2

I filed an extension for the federal, CT and MA returns for a client. I got an Extension Acceptance Letter for the federal return but not for either state. The returns were Accepted. Can I get Acceptance Letters for CT and MA extensions?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Are you sure you efiled state extensions? I don't know about those states, but many states give auto extensions (or recognize the federal one) and actually don't want an efiled extension unless you're remitting an auto-debit payment.  Click into your extension efile activity and make sure you actually efiled something there.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Are you sure you efiled state extensions? I don't know about those states, but many states give auto extensions (or recognize the federal one) and actually don't want an efiled extension unless you're remitting an auto-debit payment.  Click into your extension efile activity and make sure you actually efiled something there.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
JFG
Level 2

The extensions show up on the Letter now. I assume I was premature in expecting the states to be on the letter. Thanks for your reply.