Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State depreciation schedule not visible

lorizcpa
Level 2

I can't get my state depreciation schedules to show up for the states.  I'm pretty sure it's something in the settings but I can't find it.

I have a PA resident with rental properties in SC.  I coded the Schedule E and all the assets to SC.  I can't get the depreciation schedule to show up in either state, only federal.  They are blank when I look at the forms.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I'm in CA, and our depreciation rules are so different that we do have state module depreciation schedules. But not all states do have them. I admittedly don't know about PA and SC, but if you don't have fed/state differences in the amount of depreciation taken fed vs. SC, maybe SC doesn't need its own depr schedules?

Another thought, in the depr screen, go to batch entry mode (CTRL+W).  That will help you quickly make sure every dollar amount of basis and prior depr and curr depr did actually get sourced to SC and not PA or US.  There's a lot to make sure and catch on Screen 22.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers