Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sec 754 Adjustment - California K-1 Issue

lmasseycpa
Level 2

I've got a partnership with a Sec 754 Basis adjustment, I have it handled for the Federal module (using the Deprec and Spec Allocations Screens), but for California, I'm getting a detail on the K-1 showing:

"Sec 754 Adjustment in net expenses =  $400"       <<<shows on both partner K-1s

"Sec 754 Deprec Adj                               = ($800")     <<<shows only on the partner with the 754 adj

The $800 is the correct amount that I want to allocate to this partner, and this seems to be coming from the CA special allocation screen...

What is causing the first entry of $400 for both partners...which is INCORRECT?

Thanks!

Larry Massey, CPA

Folsom, CA

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
lmasseycpa
Level 2

Had to walk through this again slowly...short version, as I suspected, is that Lacerte had this right all along...the adjustments shown on the K-1 detail are correct...the program is eliminating the Sec 754 depreciation that was deducted on the Form 8825, and then adding it back for the partner with the 754 adj allocated...they have it right...it just looks a little weird...all of the numbers fit!