Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screening for CA LLC (568) returns

jerry
Level 5

I need to send my LLC clients a letter regarding the new Corporate Transparency Act requirements for Beneficial Ownership Interest reporting (and that, for legal and liability reasons, I won't be doing them).

All of my LLC clients are single member LLC's, and they all filed a CA 568.  But only some of my Schedule C clients have an LLC, so I can't use a search for Sched C to find the LLC's (and some of the LLC's are from Schedule E).

Is there an easy way to have Lacerte search for those clients that had a CA 568 filed in 2022?  I've tried database reports, etc and can't find anything that works.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Set view to "all clients"

Under Filters

Open up California LLC e-file Status

Choose "Accepted" to see clients with Form 568 accepted, or other applicable status  

Hope this helps.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Paging @George4Tacks 

I believe a custom filter can be set up (Lacerte used to have a preset for this, but eliminated it a few years ago). 

But after so, so many decades of using Lacerte I still struggle with the filter process/set-up.   I think George is conversant in it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Set view to "all clients"

Under Filters

Open up California LLC e-file Status

Choose "Accepted" to see clients with Form 568 accepted, or other applicable status  

Hope this helps.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
jerry
Level 5

Thanks!!!

0 Cheers