Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C Credit for Sick and Family Leave

brunette
Level 1

On the Schedule C line under income for "Credit for family leave and claimed on employment tax return", do we put the original amount from Form 7202 on this or the updated one? It's confusing.

I went to the credit input for Form 7202 and entered in the days missing work. The credit calculated $570. I went and put the $570 on the Schedule C Credit for Family Leave line. After I did that, form 7202 changed to $580. Do I adjust the Schedule C again? Or do I leave the Schedule C amount at $570 and Form 7202 shows $580?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I'm not sure how the Lacerte screens work (I use ProSeries), but the credit does not go on Schedule C. It shows up on Schedule 3.

So you may want to check if you are entering it in the wrong place.

brunette
Level 1

Thanks. After thinking about it more, that line on the Schedule C is probably if the Schedule C has payroll and claimed the family/sick leave credit on their payroll. 

I was initially thinking it goes in both places, but likely not.

0 Cheers