Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale of 1035 exchange property

Talksalot
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I keep seeing 1035, but regardless or the code section involved, it appears Talksalot wants a check box. There is a check box for Final 3840.

-------------------

Final FTB 3840 – Check this box if this is the last form FTB 3840 that will be filed because the property received in the exchange was sold or otherwise disposed of. Enter the taxable year that the like-kind exchange occurred. Complete both sides of form FTB 3840 with same information from the previously filed form(s) FTB 3840.

Attach a statement to the back of form FTB 3840 that explains how the property received was disposed.

-----------------

Input for this is Screen 22 (Individual module) > California Like-Kind Exchange (3840) > Second item use 2=final

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

I keep seeing 1035, but regardless or the code section involved, it appears Talksalot wants a check box. There is a check box for Final 3840.

-------------------

Final FTB 3840 – Check this box if this is the last form FTB 3840 that will be filed because the property received in the exchange was sold or otherwise disposed of. Enter the taxable year that the like-kind exchange occurred. Complete both sides of form FTB 3840 with same information from the previously filed form(s) FTB 3840.

Attach a statement to the back of form FTB 3840 that explains how the property received was disposed.

-----------------

Input for this is Screen 22 (Individual module) > California Like-Kind Exchange (3840) > Second item use 2=final

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It happens.  But for someone named talkaslot, you really are surprisingly shy about providing details on the issue you are having.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Hmmm? Any bets?
(1) sale of 1031 property?
(2) redemption of 1035 exchanged annuity
(3) ....

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
3  Someone doing a search and accidently posting a question?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Only @Talksalot will be able help us lay the odds on which to bet on.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Laryngitis maybe.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Talksalot
Level 1
Sorry I hit the incorrect button.  I had a sale of a 1035 exchange.  I had an issue with the CA form 3840.  There appears there is no checkbox to indicate that a sale has occurred on the form any suggestions.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@George4Tacks  is fluent in both Lacerte and CA, so give him a little time to find his way back here.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers