Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Networks

BRomero
Level 2

Has anyone had a problem canceling Right Network. They take all your client information and put it on their server where you can't access it only through their remote portal. This way they can cut you off of your information whenever they choose. 

I've been asking to cancel this service for 2 weeks now with at least 4 different lacerate employees, with no assistance other than sending me ridiculous Survey emails. 

Additionally, they play games and will not cancel the service, they send you to different departments, so they can give you the runaround and not cancel the product. Additionally they won't put your client information back onto your computer they leave you to have to figure it out.

WARNING! Do not use this product!!!!

This is the latest number they provided for me to call and wait on hold for at least an hour                  844-880-4648. 

This is a nightmare experience!!!

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Hey BRomero, following up to see if someone was able to assist you over the phone? If not let me know.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Just to clarify: "They take all your client information and put it on their server where you can't access it only through their remote portal. This way they can cut you off of your information whenever they choose."

Yes, when you move to a Hosted installation, you no longer own and run the program on your computer or even your own network. You agreed to let the Host deal with it. That isn't a remote portal any more than a neighbor's front door is a remote portal. It's directly how you access what you are paying them to manage for you. Think of Hosting as, instead of sleeping at your own house, you are going to a Hotel and they will take care of everything.

Cloud is a bit different. Cloud is when you are using something that exists through the internet. Hosting means you are accessing someone elses' computer. Cloud means the whole thing is through the internet, not just the connectivity. ProConnect is Cloud. It can't be installed locally or own your own server or even a Host system. Intuit offers it and Intuit owns it and Intuit runs it and Intuit provides access through the internet and it creates web-type of screens and experiences.

So, Right Networks is like the Hotel that just locked you out? But won't cancel your reservation for a room with them?

Maybe that will help for next time, when you try to shop for services, and now you will better understand local, server, Cloud and Hosting. It can be a bit of a moving target.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BRomero
Level 2

Thank you for your response, yes it was helpful, however this was not explained by the sales person, and It is still concerning that the remote company locks you out of your client information. It's does not belong to you anymore, if they can lock you out. What else can they do with your client information without your knowledge or permission. People who purchase this product should be made aware of that. 

BRomero
Level 2

Hi Brittney, 

I do have someone helping with the remote removal from my computer, but I have not received anything regarding the cancelation. I would appreciate some help with that, or at least a confirmation that it has been done. 

If you could help that would be greatly appreciated!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"What else can they do with your client information without your knowledge or permission. People who purchase this product should be made aware of that."

Yes, it's a big risk. Security, access, etc. The advantages can outweigh the risk, including IT support and mirror site (when the main server goes down or there is an office fire, they have automatic switching to route to a different computer farm).

@IntuitBrittneyS 

Using their username with that @ symbol is how it notifies them.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BRomero
Level 2

Hi Britney 

Thank you for the Reply, one of your amazing support techs were able to help me get my information back up an running on my computer, and assist with the cancelation. I still have not received any emails regarding the cancelation so I'm waiting on that.