Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject R0000-901

laurelb1
Level 2

We are getting the above error trying to efile a return that we have done for a client for years.  No changes to the Name Control or the EIN.  It says to call the IRS, but you know how that will end.  Has anyone else had this??  

Thanks!

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
ktcpatax
Level 2

Yes, just got the same error message last night on a fiduciary return I have filed for many years. I called the IRS and they looked at the client file and couldn't find any way to help and gave me a phone # for a different dept. and I was on hold forever and gave up. Called Lacerte and was on hold forever and the automated message indicated they were having phone issues and wait time could be longer than normal. I have used Lacerte for many years and this is the worst year of problems I have ever seen.  

0 Cheers
TaxMom12
Level 3

I just got the same error on a fiduciary return I've also previously filed.  Did you ever get any resolution to this?

0 Cheers
ktcpatax
Level 2

After having 3 fiduciary returns reject that I've filed for years and Lacerte support was unable to help me, I decided to try other parts of the fiduciary name as a control code and determined that the IRS apparently changed the code for these taxpayers as I was able to E-file them by using a different code. Crazy that the code gets changed without the IRS notifying the taxpayers. 

Howard3
Level 1

I'm having the same problem with at least 4 fiduciary returns that we have filed for a number of years past.   What part of the fiduciary name did you change to have success with e-filing?

Thank you,  Howard Lerman

0 Cheers
TaxMom12
Level 3

I was able to get mine to go through after I manually changed it.  I looked up the IRS control name format online for fiduciary returns, there are a handful of variables to determine the 4-letters to be used.

Howard3
Level 1

Thanks!  I'll try your suggestion.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

It's the 4 letter Name Control, not the fiduciary name.

Seems that everyone is getting efile rejects for this this year.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
laurelb1
Level 2

It has been a while since I had this problem, and I have not had it since, but I thought we removed the name control and then recalculated and the computer entered a new name??

0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

I have two where the last name to base the name control off of (four letters) is too short, it's been a pain.

0 Cheers
ktcpatax
Level 2

In my cases, I had tried removing the control code and recalculate without it, but it would not come up with a new code and would reject indicating a control code was missing. I have now had several rejections and I can see a definite pattern of those returns that the IRS has apparently assigned a new control code to and have had no problems entering a new code and E-filing it successfully. 

0 Cheers