Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ref #59016

armen_odesho
Level 1

i need help with diagnostic i'm getting for this ref #59016

regarding QBI , 

thanks 

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

You need to provide the text of the diagnostic.  Lacerte hasn't built a full repository of them for us to look them up.  The easiest way to make it selectable text to copy-paste is to print the diagnostics to a pdf and copy and paste the one you need help with.  Once we can see the verbiage of it, we might be able to help you.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
Brian Hansen
Level 2

I think the diagnostic is

"The program does not automatically reduce Qualified Business Income (QBI) by unreimbursed partnership expenses. Enter the correct QBI as an override. (ref. #59016).

I'm seeing this diagnostic for the first time and can't figure out how to clear it either.  It is a critical diagnostic.

0 Cheers
Brian Hansen
Level 2

Further note, I went in to the QBI schedule and added the QBI already entered as an override as well and that seemed to clear the diag.  But, I would rather figure out why it was there in the first place.   Only one of more than 30 K-1s with QBI entries triggered the diagnostic.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Did your other QBI entries have UPE? That diagnostic really means "make sure the QBI calculation gets done right, because you have an entry that you can't lean on Lacerte for."

Brian Hansen
Level 2

None of my entries had UPE.

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

There are some inputs for K-1s that just throw a wrench in Lacerte being able to not error out on calculating QBI.  UPE is the most common one, but there are others. It's hunt-and-peck method to find them, there's not a master list (at least that's available to us). If you can't see what's different about this K-1 and you want to know, you can call Support, but it's a toss-up as to whether or not they'll be able to find it for you.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
brent
Level 3

I'm having the same issue and I entered UPE on the associated K1 screen box 21.  It shows up on form 8995 and appropriately reduces calculated QBI.  But I cant shake the diagnostic.  Where is the right place to override QBI in order to clear this diagnostic?  

0 Cheers
brent
Level 3

Although it shows as a critical diagnostic, it let me e-file.  We'll see if it bounces back tomorrow...

brent
Level 3

Well, it didn't take long.  Bounced back by both fed and state

Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I was able to clear the diagnostics by making input(s) here in the "Line 20 & 21" section.

Capture.JPG

brent
Level 3

I had created a UPE line in the grid.  But of course, the QBI override box!  Thank you!