Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is everyone using for thier 1099 filings?

michele
Level 7

Have been using tax right but looking to switch. I was just wondering what everyone is using.

thx

Michele

8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

Track1099, and we try not to do them in the first place.

Ex-AllStar
rbynaker
Level 13

I got out of the 1099 business when the NEC was resurrected.  Clients use efilemyforms.com.  Last year's pricing was around $5/form including efiling with the IRS and mailing recipient copies.

I have a handful of clients who only issue a 1099 to me each year (no other contractors) so I signed up for IRIS to submit those directly to the IRS in January.  We'll see how it goes.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I've used efilemyforms, but I think that Track1099 and TaxBandits are probably more popular.  As Rick said, if you want to send the 1099s to the recipients, you can use the fairly new IRIS from the IRS.

It partially may depend on (1) how many 1099s you need to file and (2) if your State also requires 1099s to be filed with the State.

Adams Tax Forms

I do about 15 per year and I think the price is right.

0 Cheers
Pammer
Level 2

We use 1099-etc from AMS.  They offer lots of options and e-filing too!

michele
Level 7

We don't have a ton probably 12 or so clients that we do them for but some clients have 40 or more 1099's What I was trying to find out from tax right is they have posted it is 1.65 per form.  So does that mean a client that has 40 people he gives 1099s to is that 40x1.65  or is it just 1.65 for the contractor. I can't  believe it would be 1.65 for electronically filing that contractor.

thx 

Michele

Adams is horrible. No tech support.

They were fine but this year they discombobulated and are not worth it.

Kimberley
Level 3

ATX - it is a one-time fee and free e-filing, so no per-form or per filing fees to deal with.  It is a Wolter's Kluwer product.  Easy to use, rolls over from year-to-year.