Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5227 Page 2 Part III

mgdtax
Level 3

How do I get information onto line 7 of part III on page 2 of Form 5227?  I don't see any input for this line.

Thank you

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Possibly the answer is in this help article. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/charitable-donations-deductions/common-ques...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Intuit_Al
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @mgdtax , the input can be found in Screen 29.1, Charitable Payee.   In addition to the Charitable Payee Information, enter the amount in Distributed in current year from prior year's income (1041-A, line 17 or 5227, part III, line 7) .  This should generate the amount on line 7 and a corresponding statement.  

Thank you!

0 Cheers
mgdtax
Level 3

Thank you @Intuit_Al !

I found the screen 29.1 input, but it still wasn't working until....  I randomly changed the type of return on Screen 1 from Grantor Trust to Charitable Trust/Charitable Lead Trust.   The reason I had it set to Grantor Trust is the attorney who set it up told me it's a grantor trust.   All other fields on the 5227 were showing up with either Grantor or Charitable trust settings.   Very interesting, I wonder if that's something that needs to be changed by the Lacerte programmers.

Thank you!

0 Cheers