Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal ES for 2023 did not get processed

Clients were set up to have Federal and California Estimates through Efile Estimated Tax wizard.  The clients informed me that no estimates were withdrawn from their bank account. Is there any way of check what is scheduled to be paid electronically and what was transmitted to the IRS and FTB with a HIGH degree of certainty?

On June 7, The IRS told them that the quarterly payments have not been set up nor scheduled.

(I called Intuit support.  They confirmed that CA estimated payments active are and will be paid.)

The Lacerte Financial Transaction Summary clearly shows the IRS quarterly payments (amounts, dates, etc.) That report is what I relied on when I hit SEND.

The E-File acceptance letter does NOT show IRS quarterly payments.  FRUSTRATED!  Because that means that although the payments appeared to have been processed, they in fact were not AND this could not have been known to me until AFTER the return was filed, when it was too late!  

@IntuitGabi Would you please send a high-level alert to your staff that we have found a discombobulation glitch in the Lacerte software?  You are perfect and beautiful!

Again, I am not happy, and the support rating will reflect my dissatisfaction.

Tech support is looking at the XML coding.  And I have to sit here on hold for 25 minutes while she examines it!  BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS NOW!

2 Comments 2

I watched two minutes of an old episode of Droopy, the classic animated character by Tex Avery. Droopy is a hoot!  So my blood pressure is now back to normal.  Thank you for your concern.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, as long as you are having a hell of a day, let's stick to that theme:

either.jpgbowler.jpgwelcom.jpgNerds.jpg

Slava Ukraini!