Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diagnostic #55150

DebbieK
Level 1

diagnostic refers to certain medical reimbursement exclusions and an addback to Indiana.  The only medical reimbursement on this return is an HSA distribution that has qualified expenses.  Indiana accepts the federal treatment on HSA's so there is no addback.  How do I make this critical diagnostic go away?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Dave - Indiana
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  If you put the medical costs on schedule A the diagnostic goes away but it makes the distribution taxable. If you put it on the Schedule A and the HSA screen, the diagnostic comes back. I have not been able to find a workaround. Very frustrating.

0 Cheers
klottin2
Level 1

Just spoke with Lacerte Star Support. This is a critical diagnostic but will not prevent you from efiling.

mtoles
Level 1

Thanks for the information.  It would still be better if Intuit just fixed the problem though. 

sfmeliss
Level 3

Same issue and Lacerte should move to informational if it doesn't affect e-filing 

kloponline
Level 2

Thank you.

0 Cheers