Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client list not showing up on the screen after Internet Explorer external update for Lacerte 2016 through 2018

ArtyFacts123
Level 3

Greetings,

I recently did the "forced" external updates for Lacerte 2016, 2017 & 2018 using the Lacerte Tool Hub (due to the depreciation of Internet Explorer 11 & login errors).  Those fixes seemed to have worked and I am now able to log in to each of those programs (yay!).  BUT, the list of clients are not showing up on the main screen.  I made sure to update the data paths in the Options (and Master Options) screens but to no avail.  We have many computers here and we share data on our network.  It isn't listing any of the clients at all.  What to do next? Thanks!!!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Check your system file path, under *settings*

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

Check your system file path, under *settings*

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Intuit says... 

Clients appear to be missing from the clients tab in Lacerte

Lacerte user says...

Clients Missing from client tab - solution

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
ArtyFacts123
Level 3

Hi there-

As far as I know, the paths are correct.  I'm afraid I'll have to use more complicated solutions....

Thanks though!

0 Cheers
ArtyFacts123
Level 3

Actually....this morning I tried one more time to compare our 2016 Lacete data paths entered vs. what it says in our 2021 Lacerte data path.  I could have sworn that before the 2021 Lacerte data path involved the sdata path.  Now it says idata path....so I changed the 2016 data path to idata and VOILA!!!! The clients are now listed!!!! Will try this on 2017 & 2018.  Wish me luck! 🙂  Thank you again for your reply.  Sometimes the most simple solutions are the best ones!!

0 Cheers
ArtyFacts123
Level 3

Thank you so much - I just replied above that it was a very simple solution - the data path was listed as SDATA and should be IDATA.  Now it works! Yay! 

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

SDATA is the path for S-corps. IDATA is the path for individuals.