Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN YOU REMOVE THE EFILE ACCEPTED STATUS FOR A COPIED CLIENT

Shelly2020
Level 1

I COPIED AND RENAMED A CLIENT'S  RETURN FROM A SIBLING THAT SHARED RENTALS AND SALES IN ORDER TO SAVE EXTENSIVE DATA ENTRY.  IT NOW SHOWS THE NEW CLIENT RETURN THAT I COPIED & RENAMED AS HAVING BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE IRS.  CAN THE EFILE ACCEPTED STAUS BE REMOVED, SO I CAN EFILE THIS NEW CLIENT'S RETURN?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

NOPE. I had the exact situation a couple of years ago. Delete and start over! No amount of clearing e-file info will remove the "this return has already been filed" tag Lacerte sticks on it.

Mine was not so enormous, so it wasn't that bad to start over. The only consolation I have for you is that e-file is closed until mid-January anyhow, so plenty of time to get it done and point fingers at the IRS.

For next year, copy and rename before e-filing, and it should work okay.

kgreen8393
Level 5

You can try to clear the E-File status.  Go to E-File at top task bar, then e-file Support Tools and then Clear Return and select the Return and also the Extension if it was extended.  This should clear all E-file information.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

It should, and it appears to, but it doesn't actually remove the thing that prevents the copied file from being e-filed. That was the first thing I tried, and when it didn't work, I called support and they explained I was out of luck.

0 Cheers