Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can individual Partnership K-1s be printed in batch?

mschiavo14
Level 2

Is there a way to print all individual K-1 packages into separate files by individual?  I remember that this used to be done by clicking on all partners.  Now when I do this, I get one file instead of individual files.  When I call support, no one has been able to solve this for me.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
mschiavo14
Level 2

Thank you very much for your reply.  I am using the hosting service and didn't realize that I need to switch back and forth between printers (TSPrint Printer) and Adobe PDF to be able to print the K-1s in batch.  This is a huge help to me.  I think Intuit needs to inform their tech support to ask the right questions to be able to answer this.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
DatabaseRobert
Level 4

Did you select a PDF printer driver (so the machine thinks that you are printing to "paper"), or did you UN-check the "Printer" box and CHECK the "File (PDF)" box?
  You do NOT want to change the printer (or even USE a "printer").  [red arrow]
  You DO want to just send it to a File.  [green arrow]
  20230829.K1.jpg

When you print, the dialog box will come up showing the list of partners/beneficiaries; select individual checkboxes for each, or use the "check all" button.  When the dialog box comes up of "where to save", choose your poison.
  Each K1 should generate as its own file, in a format such as:
  YEAR_CLIENT FULL NAME_CLIENT#_K1_Module.pdf

I just printed a couple yesterday, it worked just fine.

Robert

mschiavo14
Level 2

Thank you very much for your reply.  I am using the hosting service and didn't realize that I need to switch back and forth between printers (TSPrint Printer) and Adobe PDF to be able to print the K-1s in batch.  This is a huge help to me.  I think Intuit needs to inform their tech support to ask the right questions to be able to answer this.

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

You failed to grasp the crucial point: you DO NOT want to do anything with "printers" at all, including specifically (and especially) "switching to an Adobe PDF" printer.

You want to UN-check the "printer" box.

You want TO CHECK the "File (PDF)" box.  This uses the built-in Lacerte "create a PDF" driver from Amyuni.

You did it WRONG if you wind up with a dialog box from TS Print Printer asking you to select a printer (including specifically choosing Adobe Acrobat) to get output.

You did it RIGHT if you get a file dialog box, within Lacerte, asking you where to save your K1 files AND THE FILENAME IS ALREADY SPECIFIED, as I laid out (Year_Partner Name_Client#_K1_Module.pdf)

Yes, I agree that it could be documented more clearly, and I *especially* think that we should be able to get printout to include the "print K1 only" selection IN WITH the "Print Complete Return" selection when we are generating multiple Copies (Review Copy, File Copy, Client Copy, Government Copy...  now plus plus "Partners' Copies").

Robert

0 Cheers