Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick employer forms w-2 1099 mess what program doe you use?

michele
Level 7

Any body use this program What a mess!! I purchased it this year and have been on the phone over 4 hrs. They told me it would work on a network.   WRONG  you have to purchase for each employee. Not gonna do that for 5 of us. Lacerte is expensive enough.  I was gonna have it transfereed to one user. They said just give everyone your user name aand password then they can use it. NO. What is it they keep telling us about password security. should I send them a bill for my billable hours on the phone.

We typically due uner 500 1099's and had been using a program from tenez. Wondered what was a good program and able to efile.

thx

Michele

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

We got burned by that "They told me it would work on a network.', too a number of years ago. Then found out each user needs a login and cannot see another users' work -so much for a review process.

We created a unique user name for everyone to use. You can get support to change it (Had to do it last year when I renewed the program and it put it my name instead of the unique user name)

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@sjrcpa wrote:

We got burned by that "They told me it would work on a network.', too a number of years ago. 

Wow, and they are STILL telling people that?  I think if I was the OP I would be writing nastygrams to all of the Intuit executives.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Technically it does work on a network. In fact it's cloud based.

They just don't bother with any of these pesky details.

Ex-AllStar
michele
Level 7

Must be all new crew. That is what I wanted to do. They said they could not do that. After 6 hrs in the phone and transferred 5 times

the only way they could fix it was to do a refund and rebuy. I said refund and I would not rebuy. If they have that kind of support. so just going back to my old product. Hope tax year on lacerte is not going to go that way

thx

michele
Level 7

Yep received a letter and business card from acct  management recently. They will be hearing from me. Don’t sell a product that no one knows about. Or how to use. 6 hrs wasted on nonsense. I guess they think we don’t have anything better to do this time of the year

thx

sjrcpa
Level 15

"the only way they could fix it was to do a refund and rebuy"

Now that you mention it I think that's what I had to do last year. Don't think I'm going to buy it this year (after using for 8 or 9 years).

Ex-AllStar
cambyses - 10
Level 1

Where is the 1099 form module ...do not see it in  lacerate or intuit accounts

just paid $180

0 Cheers

Adams.

I have used Adams for 1099s and W-2 for several years.

www.adamstaxforms.com

0 Cheers
cambyses - 10
Level 1

The 1099 quick employer form printed for clients do not fit in the envelope

How can I resolve this .. this is crazy ...paid $180 and the form layout is not right for the correct envelopes I purchased.

0 Cheers