Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma from 2017 to 2018

rrac00n
Level 1
I have one client that will not move from 2017 to 2018, any suggestions of why this might be happening?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mojocpa
Level 7

When you proforma, it gives you an exception report for the failed ones that gives the reason.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
mojocpa
Level 7

When you proforma, it gives you an exception report for the failed ones that gives the reason.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

From a different forum:

"..it turned out to be an invalid item within the charitable contributions. Apparently i's have an issue. It did  on both of these. Retyping the organization worked."   

I assume they mean retype the name of the organization.  It apparently has to do with the letter "i" being used, in either the organization name and/or the property description.  So, I'd retype all entries on Screen 26.

Also (tho I got the despised thumbs down for suggesting this earlier...) - IF the client is locked in 2017, unlock (after backing it up/copying it) reprocess, and try to proforma again.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers