Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proforma 2020 to 2021

rakcpa
Level 1

We have proforma the data form 2020 to 2021.  The process seems to be correct as the new data files are in the appropriate drive and directory.  However, the 2021 program does not find the clients.  We have reviewed the settings under options and primary options and the data paths agree with our file directory.  What next?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

In 2021, have you accidentally selected one of the Views or Filter that could be preventing from seeing the new clients. 

Go back to 2020 and do another single client - verify the data path to be sure it matches the 2021 data path. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

The first time when I processed the proforma to 2021, Lacerte converted only 4 of the batch of 120+.  An error message was on the screen but when tried to click an option, it disappeared.  I ended up processing proforma for a second time - for the remaining clients in the batch.  It went through.  I did NOT look into the cause of the problem.   Hope this helps.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
jerdavcpa
Level 2

I am having the same issue. I proforma'd one client from 2020 to 2021 and the client is not showing up in the 2021 tax program.

0 Cheers
rakcpa
Level 1

We resolved it by correcting the data path for the new 2021 install. We did this by going into options/ data path for each tax type and making sure that our data path for 2021 was identical to the data path for 2020 except that is needed to say 2021 instead of 2020. I hope this helps.

0 Cheers
jerdavcpa
Level 2

Solved my issue. This is my first year using Lacerte hosted. For some reason, the 2020 software in hosting was defaulting to proforma returns to my local C drive. I had to change it the I drive.