Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer Signature Date, where do I input it???

DebF
Level 2

Now that we are finally paperless and sending all returns, efiles, etc through docusign, I need to put in the signature date of the preparer on the federal tax return. I can't find where to do this. HELP!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DebF
Level 2

I was having a hard time figuring this out, as I was in Individuals and there is no "Jump to Input" option. But I ended up figuring this out. Rather than deleting my question, I will leave the answer here, in case anyone else needs it.

For Partnership, Corp, SCorp and Fids go to federal return where preparer signature date is and right click to “Jump to Input”. Enter the minus symbol and date (example: -021324)

For Individuals go to Screen 5.1, then go to Client Letter, 3rd line down is Date. Enter the minus symbol and date same as above (example: -021324)

For Gift go to Screen 4.1, then go to Client Letter, 3rd item down is Date. Enter the minus symbol and date same as above (example: -021324)

For Estate go to Screen 3.1, then go to Client Letter, 2nd line down is Date. Enter the minus symbol and date same as above (example: -021324)

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
DebF
Level 2

I was having a hard time figuring this out, as I was in Individuals and there is no "Jump to Input" option. But I ended up figuring this out. Rather than deleting my question, I will leave the answer here, in case anyone else needs it.

For Partnership, Corp, SCorp and Fids go to federal return where preparer signature date is and right click to “Jump to Input”. Enter the minus symbol and date (example: -021324)

For Individuals go to Screen 5.1, then go to Client Letter, 3rd line down is Date. Enter the minus symbol and date same as above (example: -021324)

For Gift go to Screen 4.1, then go to Client Letter, 3rd item down is Date. Enter the minus symbol and date same as above (example: -021324)

For Estate go to Screen 3.1, then go to Client Letter, 2nd line down is Date. Enter the minus symbol and date same as above (example: -021324)