Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preforma

MikeNow
Level 1

I can not get 2021 Tax Prep Fees to Preforma to the 2022 tax program.  It does not preforma to Screen 5.1 Invoices or to Sch A prior year tax fees (memo only).

Anyone get a solution to this?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you done all the updates to 2021? When did you do the proforma?

Early use of the proforma often creates this type of issue. I have only done a few returns so far and all of them do NOT have the issue you are seeing.

Update 2021 and do ONE client again to see what transfers. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
melawell
Level 1

Same problem here, that solution did not work for me. What next????

0 Cheers
MikeNow
Level 1

To answer the earlier question, I do not preforma until things are well under way.   program is always updated when possible both in 2022 and 2021 where the preforma is run from.

Here is what I did to overcome this flaw, not perfect but I got what I was looking for.

I assume you had your clients locked in the 2021 program like I do

1  Lock all clients that you have worked on, finished or in progress,  in the 2022 program so you do not over write them.

2. Back up your clients in the 2021 program.

3. Unlock all your clients in 2021 program

4.  Select all clients then go to File > Update Client Database

5. Preforma clients to 2022

6. Restore clients in 2021 from the backup so the return matches what was filed (this assumes you had them locked)

Downside is you are possibly not preforma-ing the return as was filed, since you unlocked it and the return may have been recalculated.

0 Cheers