Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power of Attorney/2848 not filling correctly?

Amajane285
Level 3

When I look at Forms after filling out Screen 65.2, the form 2848 does not pull the client's name over, and it pulls the spouses SSN.  This is happening in all clients.  Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Amajane285
Level 3

I know the steps.  When I go to the form to check the POA shows the Spouses SSN and no name above the address.

In prior years of the Lacerte Program, the 1 in the "print with Complete Return" Field is not a requirement for the form to fill correctly.  I've never had to put the 1 in that field.

I had left the "Print with complete return" field empty because we don't want it to print with the complete return.  We need the POA separately,  after the return has been filed. 

HOWEVER,  When I added the 1 in the "print with Complete Return" Field it fixed the POA and prints correctly.  I will just remove the 1 after we print the POA for the client to sign. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
PKCPAMST
Level 5

Here are the steps:

1. For taxpayer, enter "1" in Print with complete return.

2. For spouse, click on Add to create POA2.

3. For spouse's POA2, repeat Step 1, and check the box for Duplicate Form 2848/8821. 

0 Cheers
Amajane285
Level 3

I know the steps.  When I go to the form to check the POA shows the Spouses SSN and no name above the address.

In prior years of the Lacerte Program, the 1 in the "print with Complete Return" Field is not a requirement for the form to fill correctly.  I've never had to put the 1 in that field.

I had left the "Print with complete return" field empty because we don't want it to print with the complete return.  We need the POA separately,  after the return has been filed. 

HOWEVER,  When I added the 1 in the "print with Complete Return" Field it fixed the POA and prints correctly.  I will just remove the 1 after we print the POA for the client to sign. 

0 Cheers
PKCPAMST
Level 5

That’s my workaround until Lacerte fixes the problem.

0 Cheers