Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please get better, faster, and right for purchases of ITA

I tried purchasing ITA through my account on the website two days ago and was prevented for an unknow reason.

I called yesterday, got transferred to sales (never a happy time), purchased ITA, but discovered today that I was sold 2023 ITA. (So that is on me as I didn't state that 2022 ITA was my preference.  I assumed sales knew that 2022 tax filing season is not over in California and elsewhere.)

I called today, waited 25 minutes on hold while support tried to "open" up 2022, learned they could not do that then got transferred to Burgess, another sales rep, who had to double check how to purchase ITA and could not do it as his portal "would not let him into anything".  

After 10 more minutes, he said it is only for advance planning.  I want to do tax planning now because 2023 planning is best done prior to finalizing 2022 taxes. That is the reason that making ITA available on November 2 would be extremely beneficial.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Why ITA and not Tax Planner?

While I am at it, I will put in my plug for the Swiss Army Knife for Taxes - TaxTools!!! Buy now and get 2023 and 2024 for the price of just one. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

They don't have knowledgeable Support Staff. Why would they have knowledgeable Sales Staff?

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

(snort... they don't even really have 'support staff')

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"