Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per Idaho, CA PTE needs to be reflected on the K1 part IX for the Idaho resident. For the life of me I cannot find where to input or override

loricpa100
Level 4
CA partnership with real estate in multiple states, including Idaho.  Idaho resident needs to show his CA PTE on the K1 per the tax commissioner (spoke to this morning).  I cannot find were to input the 3 lines of data for this partner.  I cannot find where I can put within the ID return and then specifically allocate to him  OR how to just override.  I guess I can put as supplemental info on screen 30, yet this is supposed to be on K-1, page 3, part IX.  They do not see this as a credit, but a tax paid and she said if not on here and his personal return, will not be valid.  Help!
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Intuit_Kallana
Employee
Employee

Hi, where do you currently have the CA PTE entered on what Screen?

0 Cheers
loricpa100
Level 4

Screen 37, CA Misc, check box all participating.  Then form 3804 is generated and allocated to all partners.  This is on the CA K1, page 3, line 15f

There is no way to override for what I would like on the K1, Part IX.  It is only computational.  I could not find where to put an amount on the ID return and then just allocated to the Idaho resident.

I spoke to the Idaho tax commissioner this morning and needed to get something on the K1.  So I wrote an supplemental note for that partner.  Text follows

Taxpayer has $18,597 California Pass Through Entity Credit paid on their behalf for 2023. Per discussion with Idaho tax department, this was to be reflected on Part IX on this K1 (pg 3). Idaho considers this a tax paid, not a credit

After raising up to the developers at Intuit / Lacerte, this cannot be overriden, nor completed on the K1 on the appropriate lines. This statement is the only way this information can be added to the K1

State paid to: CA
Line 52 - Share of owner's adjusted income in other states: $199,964
Line 53 - Share of taxes paid on the owner's behalf to other states: $18,597

0 Cheers