Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oregon Preparer License Number - critical diagnostic

cnduktr
Level 2

1041 return. I "The Oregon Preparer License Number is presently blank or turned off. This is a required field for EF. If the preparer is out of state (which we are) and does not have an Oregon license, enter the state two letter abreiviation [sic] [ref. #51391]

In Oregon Misc. Info Screen 2.1 I've tried everything...still the diagnostic. Any ideas?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Couldn't find a way to resolve this either.  May be you could try checking off the diagnostic to ignore it and see whether it'd let you e-file?

If this doesn't work, it may need to be referred back to Intuit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Lacerte:

I rarely do this.  You decide whether to do it.  Don't know if it works in your case either...

While in the client file

EFile  (Second Tab from the left, next to Clients) >

EFile Support Tools (Third from the bottom) >

Disable EFile Error (Bottom option from the popup window on the left)

I always thought it was one of those "Don't Try This at Home" thingie.  So, you're on your own if you do it.  Perhaps talk to Support first.

Hope you will report back to us and let us know (1.  whether it works; and 2 whether you got arrested by the OR tax police).  I don't have any OR 1041.  The few times I did this mostly had to do with out of state returns, or negative numbers that Lacerte would NOT tolerate.  Always when Support agreed I'd run out of options.  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@joshuabarksatlcs That may work for ProSeries but Lacerte doesn't have that as an option. Checking off a diagnostic to ignore it is as close as it can get to that. 😉

Edit: I stand corrected. Obviously you can disable error checking in Lacerte, wholesale instead of piecemeal:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/electronic-filing/help/disabling-e-file-diagnostic-error-che...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I have Lacerte.   Have been a Lacerte user for years.

You're correct.  It's wholesale and perhaps that was why I'm cautious about it.  You implied a good point.  Use it AFTER clearing all other diagnostics. 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.