Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oklahoma Capital Gain Deduction

RachelJCPA
Level 1

How do I get lines A1 - AF to fill out on Oklahoma Form 561, Oklahoma Capita Gain Deduction for Residents Filing Form 511?

I have a schedule E that sold Oklahoma land in 2021.  The amount of the capital gain to be excluded is properly flowing to line 3 on Form 561 and line 12 on Schedule 511A: Oklahoma Subtractions. Although line 3 says to provide a copy of Federal Form 4797, Lines A1-AF should be filled out.

In my asset disposal I have entered the Oklahoma location and the Oklahoma type of property sold.  I have even tried entering this on input form 17.1 (Dispositions, Schedule D,4797, etc.) and Oklahoma Capital Gain Deduction worksheet under state & local.

I tried to get Lacerte to help me, but Smartlook isn't working.  Without Smartlook allowing to share my screen, they cannot help at all.

This is my first time doing this in Lacerte.  I previously used UltraTax.

Please help!!!

Rachel

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Instructions for 1 (A-F) say "List qualifying Oklahoma capital gains and losses, not included on Lines 2 through 5 below." So if it hits Line 3, it shouldn't be included in the detail of Line 1.