Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio IT-1140 not generating with Trust with non-resident beneficiary distributions.

daleoempire
Level 3

I had no issue last year. Lacerte automatically produced the It-1140 form given that the trust had distributions to a non-resident beneficiary, it calculated the withholding tax, and automatically added a credit for that non-resident on their Ohio It-1140 K-1. 

This year, it isn't even producing a Ohio IT-1140. I made sure everything was identical to last year but this form refuses to produce. I can override things and force but Ohio is reluctant on letting anything e-file with overrides.

Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
daleoempire
Level 3

Found the Solution:

- I had to force the source amounts to Ohio for the K-1's the trust had (they were just sourced to US). For some reason Lacerte did not do this automatically. After sourcing the K-1 items to Ohio manually, the form generated.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
daleoempire
Level 3

Found the Solution:

- I had to force the source amounts to Ohio for the K-1's the trust had (they were just sourced to US). For some reason Lacerte did not do this automatically. After sourcing the K-1 items to Ohio manually, the form generated.