Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of clients

I need to monitor the number of clients so I don't go above 200. How do I determine how many clients are in my display?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Screenshot 2024-03-17 102607.jpg

Green number (100/200 in my case) shows how many returns you've authorized from the 200 Bundle. It does *not* include clients that you haven't done the REP-equivalent for.

Black number (Selected: 0 of 24) shows how many clients are on the specific screen you're looking at. 

Because 2 files with the same name and EIN only count as 1 towards the 200, and a file with 999-99-9999 as the SSN doesn't count at all towards the 200, the green number is likely more useful. But you'll want to view Forms for any clients you know you'll need to save a spot for, because otherwise they won't be counted yet.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Screenshot 2024-03-17 102607.jpg

Green number (100/200 in my case) shows how many returns you've authorized from the 200 Bundle. It does *not* include clients that you haven't done the REP-equivalent for.

Black number (Selected: 0 of 24) shows how many clients are on the specific screen you're looking at. 

Because 2 files with the same name and EIN only count as 1 towards the 200, and a file with 999-99-9999 as the SSN doesn't count at all towards the 200, the green number is likely more useful. But you'll want to view Forms for any clients you know you'll need to save a spot for, because otherwise they won't be counted yet.