Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice 1444C and Letter 6475

ForestGlenSatyr
Level 1

This client insists that he did not receive Stimulus #3 for $1,400.  Yet he did receive Letter 6475 affirming that he was issued the Economic Impact Payment of $1,400.   Further, the Lacerte program does not allow for claiming it on the tax return via line 30 of the 1040, indicating that there must have already been a match-up to the SS#.  Is there any way to trace when & how the stimulus was paid--whether by check or by direct deposit (and, if so, to what checking account)?  So as to prove to the client that he actually DID receive the payment?  

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

They likely received a MetaBank debit card and threw it away as junk mail. Have them call the bank at 866 550-6382

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JRC
Level 8

Every client of mine that insisted they had not received the 3rd Stimulus rechecked their accounts only to have received it. I stated to them how unusual it is for them to have NOT especially after they received the Prior 2 Stimulus deposits.  Just my experience..