Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North Carolina Pass-through entity tax - partnership

jlawrimore
Level 2

North Carolina partnership with nonresident and resident partners.  Electing to pay NC tax at entity level... program computing the NC tax on income allocated to nonresidents but not calculating tax on resident partners.  This doesn't appear to be correct...has anyone completed a partnership return electing to pay tax at entity level in North Carolina?  Is ther program correct or needs to be corrected?

5 Comments 5
fdznavcpa
Level 3

I'm having the same issue but with all nonresident partners when electing to be a Taxed Partnership.  The Share of Tax Credits being allocated to each partner is not correct.

fdznavcpa
Level 3

I contacted support and they were not able to find a solution on the phone and are suppose to get back to me with a fix....I hope

dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

Was there a solution to this?  It is currently also calculating it for non resident, but not for resident. 

0 Cheers
fdznavcpa
Level 3

I never did get an answer

0 Cheers
jlawrimore
Level 2

I don't remember whether the program updated after I posted the original post, but it is computing NC tax on all income apportioned to NC.  It does not list any NC tax under the partner number on line 25, Part 4, but the NC tax on all income apportioned is listing under the Partner's Total column.

0 Cheers