Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-business energy property credit for 2018 - form 5695 won't generate in 2018 Lacerte program

Kvolpert
Level 2

The Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2019 has made the nonbusiness energy property credit available for 2018 and 2019.  IRS instructions state that an amended 2018 tax return can be filed to claim this credit for energy efficient building property, however, when I enter an amount in the input screen for form 5695, the form does not generate.  Has the program not been updated yet to allow for this credit?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont think they ever got 2018 updated for the extenders....I know in ProSeries were still waiting.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

The updated form has been released in Lacerte.  Suggest you run an update if you haven't done one recently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar