Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ask here, just an attempt at inspiration

Yesterday I saw - for only the 2nd time in my long career - a Balance Sheet not in balance.  It was done by HRB - the Voldemort of tax preparation firms - and it was easily seen to me in a second that the preparer had not one iota of care about the return.  (The only asset was a $1 Rounding and the only entry on the other side was Retained Earnings.  Not in balance by over 100K!)

I can tell that all the people posting here care and often care for more than meeting their own instant needs of finishing a tax return. People here care BECAUSE WE ARE PROFESSIONALS!  

Keep striving for high-quality returns people!  The bad national tax prep firms will still get their share of clients but I will try to keep fighting 'em by persuading taxpayers that CPAs and EAs are much better. 

P.S. And in case you need more inspiration, or just a giggle. I have seen a one-sided entry in my career. It was made by Deloitte and they put in the memo "One-side dangling debit". Probably charged $1,000 to their client for that 'fix'. (I would have loved to have been there to hear how they explained it to their client.)