Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT NOL

pmr
Level 2

When is the MT Form NOL going to be finished in Lacerte?? The MT DOR has had the form out for well over a month and the individual deadline is fast approaching!! I can't even override the numbers to make it go away, nor can I suppress the form.

10 Comments 10
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is what is listed in the forms availability:

NOL
Historically has been released within ten days of final version availability

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
cookjeremy
Level 1

So helpful

0 Cheers
Laurieb1
Level 1

Still no Montana NOL form.  Returns are starting to pile up.  Pretty sad for the amount of money Lacerte charges that they can't fix this.  I 

0 Cheers
pmr
Level 2

Looks like I was wrong about the forms already being out and Lacerte as the hold up...this was just sent out today (3-25-22) by the MT DOR.:

The 2021 Form NOL is Now Available

The 2021 Montana Net Operating Loss (Form NOL) is now available on our website. 

We appreciate your patience as we roll out this form.

If you have questions, please contact the department by email at [email address removed]  or by phone (406) 444-6900 (Montana Relay 711).

Download the Form NOL Here

0 Cheers
cookjeremy
Level 1

I called the state last week and they had just released it to Lacerte, then Lacerte said it will take them a week or two for testing and implementation. 

0 Cheers
TLFOBT
Level 1

I've just downloaded the most recent update on Lacerte.  The Montana NOL form is not part of that update.  Can you tell me when that might come through?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You can monitor forms releases yourself, through the program or via the web:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/forms-finder/

Here is what shows today, for MT, Individual:

NOL
Final form without watermark is expected to be released on April 12, 2022.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
pmr
Level 2

Wow!! That is just ridiculous!!😵

0 Cheers
MikeCurnow
Level 1

April 12?  What is the problem.  Should have been ready to go and out in a couple days of release by MT.  Time to start calling LaCerte and putting pressure on them to get it done.  Absolutely unacceptable behavior by LaCerte.

0 Cheers
cookjeremy
Level 1

I'm paper filing all of these MT returns with no NOL form.  Will most likely receive letters, but MT didn't get this finalized version until last week or the week before.  Why they insisted on changing everything and not having it done prior to the tax season is unacceptable.  Plus the enhanced security at DOR to call and discuss clients, becoming more and more like California.  Not a good state to follow.

0 Cheers