Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified AGI on 8962 not including Exempt Unemployment

sam
Level 1

My understanding of the character of the unemployment compensation, even the tax-exempt portion, is that it should be counted in modified AGI on Form 8962, similar to the non-taxable portion of social security benefits. At the this time Lacerte is not adding the exempt unemployment back for modified AGI on Form 8962.

To Lacerte community: Is anyone else observing this?

To Lacerte developers: Will this be corrected in an update soon? Otherwise we are having to calculate the modified AGI and adjust the "household income" field for the missing difference.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
pamdory
Level 8

I believe Form 8962 is under review due to the ARP payback provision.  So there are changes to come.  On Saturday, 04/04, Drake software notified their users that they had updated their program based on "Recent IRS guidance", however I haven't been able to find any such guidance on irs.gov.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-letters-explain-why-some-2020-recovery-rebate-credits-are-different...

Hence the Lacerte diagnostic telling us to hold returns with a Form 8962

sam
Level 1
Spoiler
Spoiler

Thanks for the reply. We aren't receiving that diagnostic, and have confirmed that we have the latest updates. Still waiting on Lacerte...

Cheers!

0 Cheers