Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mississippi Schedule K-1 Doesn't Flow Through To Tiered Partnership

And there is no override available..

Form 84-105 Part II "Pass-through entity schedule" is blank and there no Jump to Input available.

In addition, while on the individual level there is a box in the K-1 module for state sourced income, there is no such box in Module 23 in a partnership.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Ah, the input that triggers it is MS in the state field of the partnership address. Which follows the plain language of the form, I guess - "entities in Mississippi."

I agree, that's not my preferred input trigger.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Does MS use your share of the other entity's apportionment factors and apportion the income, rather than allocating it?

0 Cheers

It's rental income, so it's directly allocated as nonbusiness income.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

My Part II auto-completes based on input in Screen 23, with no special entry.

You want Screen 44.301 to allocate non-business income. See screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-08-23 135245.png

I don't have any MS input in screen 23. Even the "State, if different" column only allows NY.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I don't have any state if different input into Screen 23, either. 

Screenshot 2022-08-24 095456.png

Screenshot 2022-08-24 095601.png

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Ah, the input that triggers it is MS in the state field of the partnership address. Which follows the plain language of the form, I guess - "entities in Mississippi."

I agree, that's not my preferred input trigger.

Great, now I have to figure out how to define "in"...

0 Cheers

I was sort of hoping that whatever fixes that issue would also automatically key in the correct amount for MS form 84-122 Line 24 "Mississippi income from partnership", but it looks like I still need to do that manually..

0 Cheers