Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michigan NOL forms.

SEtaxpros
Level 2

I'm prepping a return for a client with MI income. 

She is a NR and has an MI LLC with overall business income this year. NOL carryforward from 2018 that we can utilize. 

I've input the figures to the correct place and it looks like it is adding and subtracting the correct amounts on the MI-1040 but I have the following issues:

1) Schedule 1 shows the net losses attributable to other states from column C of Schedule NR - the income is non-MI but the loss c/f is from the MI business.

2) Schedule NR only shows the full loss in column C other States which - the instructions says is right but seems odd. I would have expected it to be attributable to MI sources as it's from the MI business. 

3) Form 5674 will not show up in the ITR package on the Forms tab although I need to include it to claim the loss. 

4) Form MI-1045 will not show up in the forms tab and when I look at the form it says I have no NOL because we add back the losses attributable to other states with no deductions leaving a positive figure. 

The NOL c/f is all related to MI business from 2018 but shows as only Federal or attributable to other States. That doesn't seem right and any way I try to source it doesn't make a difference, or takes it off the federal return all together. 

Overall there is no tax which looks right but the correct forms are not pulling up. 

TIA. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Either call support or use Ctrl + L to highlight the return and send it to Lacerte with your concerns about it. They will either use this to fix the program and let you know how to fix the problem.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers