Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login difficulty in the last two weeks

TO_EA
Level 3

Is anyone else having difficulty logging in to Lacerte? the last two weeks I've been getting errors that either say unable to verify your credentials or Internet Connection Error  with "the remote name could not be resolved. oauth.platform.intuit.com"

I've updated ethernet drivers, updated firewall settings to include allowed domains and allowed programs, and updated Lacerte, all with no change.

It's getting old.  All I want to do is work, not horse around trying to get the software to function.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer!

Tim

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15
TO_EA
Level 3

Thanks!  I searched the board for this issue and only saw the message about updating your browser which wasn't my issue.  I changed the local DNS server to Google @ 8.8.8.8 and a secondary at 8.8.4.4.  Seems to be working better now.  Will keep fingers crossed that it's fixed.  Thanks very much!

Tim

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

FYI - I copied the error you posted and did a search on Google to find the answer. There is a search on this forum, but it sucks!

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+remote+name+could+not+be+resolved.+oauth.platform.intuit.com&sou...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TO_EA
Level 3

Ok.   Noted for future reference.

Thanks again!

Tim

0 Cheers