Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login credentials for TY2021 and prior

BON
Level 3

I can not login to prior tax years 2021,2020 etc..  It gives me an error message  Unable to validate your online credentials.  How can I get this resolved?   

Thank You 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

There was a requirement to update prior years BY 12.31.23. 

I think your option is to now re-,install the software. Use the The Tax Hub  or WebSetup & force install if necessary

And, no you won't lose your data. But I always make sure I have a fresh backup. Since you can't open the program tho, use the Tool Hub to do it. Or, just copy the 'x'data files to a flash drive. idata = individual, p=partnership....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
abctax55
Level 15

There was a requirement to update prior years BY 12.31.23. 

I think your option is to now re-,install the software. Use the The Tax Hub  or WebSetup & force install if necessary

And, no you won't lose your data. But I always make sure I have a fresh backup. Since you can't open the program tho, use the Tool Hub to do it. Or, just copy the 'x'data files to a flash drive. idata = individual, p=partnership....

( Generic Comment )"
BON
Level 3

Thank You

I did receive the memo to update, however, I missed the 2016-2022 and only updated 2022.  Thank you for your quick response.  I have updated all the years and all is well.

Have a Great Day

abctax55
Level 15

YVW....

I scrambled on New Year's Eve to get all mine (multiple years/multiple computers) updated.  It was a great way to spend the day 😉

( Generic Comment )"
Jenn
Level 2

This obviously didn't work.  I updated everyone's computer & one workstation (so far, and who was in the program previously) isn't working.  This is ridiculous that I have to keep reinstalling this program.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

The extra step wasn't necessary if the update was done prior to the 12.31.23 deadline.  Numerous notices were pushed out by Intuit; there were numerous posting about it in this forum,

You only have to reinstall once per workstation.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Jenn
Level 2

I did do it prior to 12/31.  This program this year has been giving us a hard time on a few other things as well.  Very sensitive this year.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I agree, 2023 is more temperamental than ever before.  And I hate to say how many decades I've used it.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Jenn
Level 2

Us too!  TOO LONG

0 Cheers
Intuit_Ruben

@BON  

Hello! Please try the steps on this link and let me know if that helps. Thanks! 

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/action-required-securit... 

0 Cheers
PdxKeno
Level 2

We have the same problem with logging into 2020 tax software even though we made certain that all workstations logged in prior to the December deadlline.

To require us to reinstall in the middle of tax season (which always causes our individual user options to have to be reprogrammed) is just not acceptable.

0 Cheers
Jenn
Level 2

100% totally agree with you.  Unacceptable 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Make a copy of your 'Option23' & 'Setup23' folder once you have everything set the way you prefer.   Put that copy somewhere safe (I keep them on a 'dedicated flash drive'.

Then copy/paste when Lacerte changes things with an update or reinstall.   

I know, I know... it shouldn't be necessary.  But it's a relatively simple solution.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers