Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter Organizer and Printing

Hailey Hurt
Level 1

In Lacerte 2021 on the top task bar I have chosen tools- organizer- and added my customized letters. 

I am now currently facing a problem of getting them to print individually for each client. 

I am just trying to add my own customized letter to print for each client- if there is an easier solution to this, please let me know. 

Has anyone done this before?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

In what way do you mean "customized"?  There are keywords that will put client name, address, etc into the letter. What are you looking to do? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Hailey Hurt
Level 1

When I am done with a return and I go to print it, I want it to automatically print the customized letter for that client that I have created.

I added this customized letter by going to tools-organizer- and adding a letter under engagement letter. (I am unsure if this is the right place to add a custom letter)

I am also wondering if there is a way to print two letters for a client without manually changing it for each client. 

Ultimately is there a setting that allows you to print two or more custom letters for each individual client without manually changing it every time you go to print. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think you are saying that under Client Letter, you have several letters where the defaults are showing as Single Window Default, Double Window Default, ...

I think the only way to get what you want is to select your special clients from the client screen, when print the organizer for that set of clients using ONE of the special letters. You can make the letters two pages long (or more) to get more than one special message out. l

Short answer - there is no easy way to do what you want. I think it would be easier to print your special letters (maybe on different color paper) and use them as inserts in the organizer.

I also strongly advise that you wait until at least the end of November to start actually printing. Organizers are very buggy in the beginning. The same goes for Proforma - Maybe wait until next year when you are actually going to be filing returns. 

Hailey Hurt
Level 1

So, you can't assign an engagement letter to an individual or C-Corp when printing?

For example, in Drake you can assign the letters to all clients and when you go to print you have the option to print letters A, B, and C with the return. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is no organizer for Corporations (or Partnerships or S-Corps or ...) You can use a word processor to get signature for any of these entities. 

Each software has goods and bads. Lacerte is a very different animal, e.g. Zero is NOTHING - If you really want Zero then use negative one (-1). 

I hope this will be useful in getting used to this different animal:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/data-systems/using-keyboard-shortcuts-lacer...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/training/software-webinars/

0 Cheers