Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte update 43.0323

mpkline
Level 3

the latest lacerte update has caused a number of glitches in the program. Each time I open the forms tab, I receive an error message; sometimes the forms eventually show on screen, sometimes I have to close Lacerte and reopen. 

I've tried reinstalling the update, but the problems persist.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Jeremiah Brown
Level 1

We have the same issue. Lacerte broke the forms view on 3/26/23!  

0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

This has been an awful update and made the firms display issues I reported previously even worse. So frustrating and time consuming to deal with. 

0 Cheers
sdalmond
Level 1

I am also having the same issue.  I have also reinstalled Lacerte and still the problem persists.  I have had more problems with Lacerte Updates this year than I have ever had in the past.  So frustrating.  

abctax55
Level 15

@sdalmond    Are you networked?  I've had fits with updates too; I'm networked using a main computer as my "server".   I install the update there, then do a HARD reboot before installing on the workstations one by one.   Reboot each one after the install finishes.  VERY time consuming 😞

It's still temperamental as hell, but it seems to help. 

I did read an article about making sure each workstation has it's own separate ID (I think you F 10, then the workstation is listed, look for the number and make sure they all have unique numbers).  

I feel your pain, good luck.  I've grown to HATE Thursday afternoons.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
mpkline
Level 3

Lacerte's update on 3/30/2023 corrected this issue and so far the software is running as it should.

0 Cheers