Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Partnership module-Maryland form 511 e-file reject due to rounding

mpkline
Level 3

I have a few MD partnership tax returns that have been accepted by IRS; then rejected by MD because Sch B allocations do not equal Form 511 line2.  Diagnostic indicates to use overrides to fix math error due to rounding. However, when I do that and Form 511 Line 2 equals Sch B allocations, there is an e-file diagnostic preventing MD e-file to be sent.  It is a vicious cycle. Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
UMDJeremy
Level 3

Hi, I noticed this yesterday for an entity filing Form 511, the diagnostic ref# is 14040. It says "Partner #1: Maryland requires Form 510 line 2 to equal the total distributive shares of income reported for all members on Schedule B when electronic filing. Please remove the override for distributive share". This diagnostic refers to form 510. We are overriding the distributive share to account for one partner who has a loss with the others having income. The Form 511 works and everything agrees. If you show all forms to see Form 510, you can see the amounts don't agree to Form 510 line 2 (which is lower than line 2 on 511 because 511 adds back the state tax deducted). I believe you can bypass the diagnostics to e-file 511 and it should work fine. I seem to recall having this appear for TY20 when we used overrides as well. So perhaps this is just needing to be removed.

0 Cheers
mpkline
Level 3

Thank you! I'm trying your suggestion, and just re-submitted MD.... Keeping my fingers crossed

0 Cheers