Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Display Columns reset after update

ScottM
Level 3

After updating my Lacerte program, all my display columns are reset and I need to go into settings and manually rebuild them.  In Individual module.  And Partnership module.  And Corporate module.  And S-Corp module.  And Fiduciary module.  And...

There is an article in the search results which seems to have solved this problem, but when I click on it I'm taken to the generic "Accounting Help has moved" page which is useless.  Here is the link I get to the article which might solve my problem (from the search results):

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1994455-lacerte-display-columns-reset-after-update...

If anyone knows why this keeps happening (about 1 in every 3 times I update the software), I would appreciate some advice or a working link.  I know it's not "end of the world", but it's hugely frustrating and a major blow to productivity when I have to stop mid-stream and fix a core part of the program.

Thanks

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis H

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

I have since made the necessary corrections to make the link active. It may take just a little bit for my efforts to sync, but the link should work within half an hour.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Travis H

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

I have since made the necessary corrections to make the link active. It may take just a little bit for my efforts to sync, but the link should work within half an hour.

Thanks again!

TraciPLHC
Level 1

This happens to me daily!  And it is not the update that does it.  I will be working go to switch modules and Lacerte gets locked up.  Every Lacerte year this happens, not just 2022 Lacerte.  Daily I have to fix the columns.  One time I did 5 minutes apart.  This is beyond frustrating to do all the time.

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey there @TraciPLHC that definitely sounds frustrating. Here's a help article that you may find useful.

0 Cheers