Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte CA PTET S-Corp Auto-Debits

Karl
Level 8
Level 8

S-Corp Screen 3.1 codes 142 & 143 now appear to allow for auto-debit of PTET.  This is awesome!

Client letter and Form 8453-C both indicate they'll be auto-debited.

Client has signed, and now I've submitted e-file.  I e-filed the base return and the quarterly franchise tax estimates (i.e., I used both e-file wizards).  E-file wizards did not display the PTET payments being auto-debited.  They do appear to be there in the Efile menu>efile support tools>view efile.

So I guess this is jointly an ask and an FYI.  Wondering if anyone else has gotten further than this and seen confirmation of auto-debits in the client acceptance letter?

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Well, efile has completed.

The efile acceptance letter specifies that PTET auto-debits WILL happen.

But hitting F4 to look at efile status does NOT show those payments.

So I'm going to operate as if they'll auto-debit, but I'll be birddogging MyFTB and the client's QB bank feeds to make sure they happen.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Well, efile has completed.

The efile acceptance letter specifies that PTET auto-debits WILL happen.

But hitting F4 to look at efile status does NOT show those payments.

So I'm going to operate as if they'll auto-debit, but I'll be birddogging MyFTB and the client's QB bank feeds to make sure they happen.

amec
Level 4

Would love to know if this actually works. Please update us when you see the payment go through. 

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Update: both my own and this client's S-Corp PTET pmt auto-debit successfully transmitted!

0 Cheers
amec
Level 4

Are they recorded correctly on the FTB site?

Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Good follow-up question, I just checked, and yes, they are! Yay!