Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Bundle Usage & Lacerte Support

Big T-77
Level 2

I've got a couple of issues and I cannot seem to get any answers and the answers I do get are mixed depending on who I speak with. If I talk with customer service they give me one answer if I speak with the sales guy who sold me the package I get the opposite answer. 

Can anyone tell me how we verify the number of "E-filed Clients" in the Bundle Usage calculation they use? I have looked everywhere and I cannot find it. 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

REP is charged whenever you go to Forms view. I would assume that is true for any bundle.

Just a guess from another user that does not have a bundle. 

If you like the answer from Sales, have them provide it in writing. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Can anyone tell me how we verify the number of "E-filed Clients" in the Bundle Usage calculation they use?

Did you (a) sign up as a REP user or (b) buy the Lacerte software?

If (a), you pay for each REP you've authorized.  If (b), did you buy (b1) a bundle - e.g. 200, or (b2) unlimited?

If b2, you likely wouldn't ask the question. 

IF b1, each time you do a Form calculation for the first time for a TP (your client) it counts as one for your bundle.  After say 200 in my example, you'll be charge per REP. 

I heard from an officemate that, beginning  this year, Lacerte has a counter and asks the user to acknowledge the countdown - at the first time Form is selected for a TP.  My officemate bought a 200 bundle is down to 175 or so now, after doing the Form for 25 clients. 

Alert (all hearsay from my officemate): Lacerte doesn't allow different versions for each  TP.  If you save a TP under a different client number, it would count as a new client and your bundle will have one less available TP.  You need to change the client SSN to 999-99-9999 if you copy the TP to do a second version.   OR, if you like me, set up a bunch of SAMPLE files for running dummy scenarios or testing Lacerte processing.

I don't know if Lacerte provides bundle users an accounting (similar to the LACERTE statements, which for example would show "no charge" for entity clients with an 99-9999999 EIN. 

This is all I can think of in response to your question.  I don't know much more about the bundle business.  I'm just parroting my officemate's words.               

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: Can anyone tell me how we verify the number of "E-filed Clients" in the Bundle Usage calculation they use?

One more thing.  My understanding is that the bundle usage is for number of TPs (i.e. your clients), regardless of whether they efile or paper file.  It's based on the number of "fresh Form"...  Confirm this with Lacerte.    

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
EL4
Level 1

A rep at Lacerte told me Tuesday that it's known issue that they're counting it incorrectly. It seems like they're counting the number of states filed as well. He said that they're working on the issue, but it's Thursday night now and it doesn't like it has been corrected it. My contract for the bundle clearly says that state are not counted towards the return. Also, anything filed in 2019 or 2020 program also counts towards it apparently.