Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-2 / K-3 Help

taxspin
Level 1

I have a partnership with some foreign activity from pass through K-1s.  I have input the necessary foreign info on screen 78.  This foreign info is flowing correctly to the Form K-2 for the partnership.  However, I cannot figure out how to get the rest of the partnership info which is US sourced to flow to the K-2.  I know that if the partnership only has US Sourced income I can check the box on screen 78.1 - that says "compute US Source gross income and deductions (if no foreign activity)"- but this is not my situation because I have foreign activity.

I just can't find any way to have the remainder of US Source gross income flow correctly to the K-2--- other than manually calculating this myself on a spreadsheet--- which seems really inefficient.

Has anyone figured out a way to deal with this?

Thanks for any help!

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Did this help?

How do you get US Source income to populate in K-2... - Intuit Accountants Community 

Tis better to follow up in your original post than to ask again.

Ex-AllStar
taxspin
Level 1

Hi-

Sorry about not following up on my original post.  I am new to this community.  The article referenced didn't solve my problem. I actually spoke with Lacerte last week and it appears that the only way to get the US Source income to populate in the K-2 when you have Foreign Source income of any sort is to manually enter the US Source income on screen 78.2.  I guess we will have to develop some sort of spreadsheet to back into this number since we have lots of pass-thru income coming through.  It is a frustrating situation.

0 Cheers